Saturday 6 February 2010

My Little Pony Hair...

Remember My Little Pony? Each one with a different coloured mane and individual symbol on their hind. I use to brush their candy coloured hair constantly and I always remember them smelling so sweet. An old friend of mine used to remind me of one. Pastel coloured hair that changed every other week and clothes that my 8 year old self would of died for and at the time my 19 year self still did.

It seems this somewhat eccentric hair dying has found itself a home in high fashion and not just in the edgy ID shoots or on the street style Vice pages but in Vogue! YES! Abbey Lee Kershaw is seen on the front cover of Australian Vogue with yellow streaks and on the inside pages magenta dip dyed hair. Dazed and Confused have included a fashion story using models with ice blue hair this month and Pop's fall/winter issue 2010 has girls modelling the trend too.

Ombre hair has even been down the runways of ss10 from Giles, Porenza Schouler and in the Valentino Couture shows (where an almost unrecognisable Alice Dellal walked with ice blonde hair and a few lavender streaks).


Bright hair has been popular with celebs for years remember Beyonce in the bootylicious video? That's how Pink got her stage name (a saw a pic of her recently sporting silver hair which looked very cool) Lily Allen has had the full candyfloss and even Moss added a some pink streaks a few years back. More recently its Lady Gaga with her ever changing hair who I think we can blame for this present day trend (along with the underwear as outerwear...THANKS GAGA!) A very unlikely fashionista to have the blue rinse-Ashley Oslen with subtle blue streaks in her hair during the Tim Burton tribute at the Museum of Modern Art . Who would of thought?! Watch out Mary-Kate! (see my 'Move Over Mk' post). And the Dior couture show Tavi was donning with the full blue/grey head of hair. (now she is defo granny chic)

Now unfortunately for me I will not be sporting this trend. As much as I would love to have Kate Shillingford's ombre sensational hair and how jealous I am of my friends Aoife and Lyndsey's forever changing fabulous hair colour it just isn't me. I would look silly plus you shouldn't change what is already great...well that's what I'll be telling myself!





Abbey Lee Kershaw Australian Vogue March 2010





Dazed and Confused February 2010





Pop Fall/Winter 2010




Giles ss10





Porenza Schouler ss10





Valentino Spring Couture 2010 (bottom picture- Alice Dellal)

























TAVI!




Kate Shillingford- Dazed and Confused Fashion Editor







Friends Aoife-Pink Lyndsey-Blue





I want this one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment