Saturday 16 January 2010

No Eyebrows...

This micro beauty trend was floating about at the A/W shows last year but now they are right in your face...so to speak.
Prada have been bleaching models brows on the runway for the last two seasons now. However one model didn't need to, the new leader of the no eyebrows pack-Lara Stone.

Not just on the runway though, I have noticed over plucking in campaigns and shoots from Givenchy to Emma Watson in Crash magazine. The stunning new Sportmax campaign with Siri Tollerod looking like an ice queen, alabaster skin, wisps of cloud hair and...no eyebrows.
Now knowing this I spot it everywhere, The Mona Lisa, Andy Worhol, Grace Coddington, Iris Strubegger and Kristen McMenamy has done it again after 17 years when she made it fashionable in the grunge years. Whoopi Goldberg has never had eyebrows and my Friend Paul has been shaving his for years.



Rick Owens S/S10


Lara Stone




Grace Coddington

Prada S/S10

As dubious as I was I am warming to the trend, bleaching however not the full Brazilian, is that what they will call it? Or maybe the Dutch after Miss Stone? The faces of the Prada S/S10 are my favourites this season and it was because of their beautiful alien faces created by bleached eyebrows. But Will I be getting the Dutch? Eh naw.

No comments:

Post a Comment